Twelfth State Brands
Twelfth State Brands is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains how we will process any personal information that we may collect about you when you interact with us online (e.g., when you visit or purchase products through this website or interact with us by email) and offline (e.g., when you interact with our customer service representatives by telephone), either as an individual in your own right or when you act on behalf of a company or other organization.
Table of Contents
- WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by Twelfth State Brands, LLC, a member of the Pyxus International group of companies. In this privacy notice, we refer to Twelfth State Brands, LLC as “Twelfth State Brands,” “We,” and “Us.”
Twelfth State Brands operates this website from the United States of America. If you are visiting the website from another country, you should be aware that the United States of America's data protection and data privacy laws may not be as strict as those in your home country, in particular, if you are visiting our website from within the European Region, you should be aware that the United States of America has not been determined to ensure adequate protection for personal information by the European Commission or the other equivalent authorities in the region. We will nonetheless take appropriate steps to protect any personal information that we collect about you.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE SOURCES FROM WHICH WE COLLECT IT
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us when visiting our website (for example, when you register with the site or make a purchase) or contact our customer service department by email or telephone. It may include, for example,
- Identifiers including your name, postal address, email address, and driver’s license number;
- Other personal information including your age, telephone number, and credit or debit card number;
- Commercial information, including information about products that you purchase or express an interest in purchasing; and
- Professional or employment-related information, if you register with the site or make a purchase on behalf of a company or other organization.
- Information that our website automatically collects: Our website will automatically collect some information about you and your device, including for example,
- Identifiers including your Internet protocol (IP) address and other information that can be used to recognize you and your device, including cookies and information about your devices such as your browser type and version;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including the pages on our site that you visit, the products that you view, and other information about your interactions with our site;
- Inferences are drawn from your activity on our website and information that you give us to create a profile that reflects your product interests and purchasing preferences; and
- Geolocation data, including the geographic location associated with your IP address.
Our website may also download cookies to your device. For more information please see our separate Cookie Notice.
When you use our website, other parties may collect some of this information over time and across different websites, online or cloud computing services, mobile applications, or other online applications to serve you interest-based advertisements on our website or on third-party sites.
- Information we receive from other parties: We may also collect some information about you from other parties, including, for example:
- From our third-party age-verification vendors, identifiers which may include your name and drivers' license number, and other personal information, including your date of birth, including on your driver’s license.
- From operators of third-party websites and other intermediaries who participate in online advertising networks, Internet and other electronic network activity information, and inferences are drawn from your activity on other websites about your product interests and purchasing preferences.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to make the website available to you and facilitate your use of the website;
- to respond to your inquiries, and provide information that you request;
- to verify your age and identity when you place an order;
- to fulfill orders;
- to process and recover payments for our products;
- to address and resolve customer service and support issues;
- to personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and advertisements, our website and third-party sites;
- to develop and promote our business and our relationship with you or the business you represent, including by communicating with you and any business that you represent via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law) about products that may be of interest to you;
- to administer competitions, promotions and offers run through our website;
- to operate, administer and improve our website and other aspects of our operations;
- to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity on our website, and to prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- to protect our business from fraud, money-laundering, breach of confidence, theft of proprietary materials and other financial or business crimes;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including to respond to law enforcement requests and to bring and defend legal claims;
- for administrative and managerial purposes, such as to improve our products and services, informational materials and business practices;
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services; and
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our customers and/or website users is among the assets transferred.
We may from time to time review information about you held in our systems – including our records of your transactions and use of our website – for compliance and business-protection purposes as described above. This may include reviews for the purposes of disclosure of information relevant to litigation and/or reviews of records relevant to internal or external regulatory or criminal investigations. These reviews will be conducted in a reasonable and proportionate way and approved at an appropriate level of management. They may ultimately involve the disclosure of your information to governmental agencies and litigation counterparties as described below.
- SHARING AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share personal information about you:
- with other members of the Pyxus International group of companies;
- if you allow advertising cookies in your web browser, with the operators of third-party websites and other intermediaries who participate in online advertising networks, to display targeted offers and advertising on other websites;
- with service providers who perform services on our behalf, and that may include, but are not limited to:
- website hosting and e-commerce platform providers
- data centers
- website analytical service providers (see e.g., Google Analytics https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites),
- online advertising solution providers,
- age verification service providers,
- credit and debit card payment processors,
- order fulfillment and distribution service providers,
- product shipping service providers; and
- marketing companies;
- with any person who takes over our business and assets, or relevant parts of them, as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction; or
- when required by law or necessary to protect our legal interests, with competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information within the United States or overseas, including to other countries that may not have similarly strict data privacy laws as those in your home country. In those cases, where we transfer personal data with other members of the Pyxus International group of companies or with our service providers, we will ensure that the transfers comply with applicable data privacy laws, including the use of data-sharing agreements as required by law to ensure that your personal information is protected. Please contact us if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or if so, to see a copy, as applicable.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may include links to other websites and third-party advertising materials. The providers of these websites and materials may collect information about you when you visit/click on them. Twelfth State Brands does not control the personal information processing practices of these provides – you should consult their posted privacy notices.
- RETENTION AND DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. Please Contact us for more information regarding our record retention policies and practices.
Note that, if you are a contact at one of our customers, we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organization that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organization. Generally, we will retain some information after our business relationship with you has ended, so as to maintain an appropriate record of our transactions against the possibility of future disagreements or disputes, or as required by law.
- YOUR CHOICES
You can adjust your preferences regarding marketing communications here.
You may review and request changes to the certain personal information we collect about you. To do so please Contact us in writing, as specified below.
At this time, we do not respond to browser "do not track" signals, but you may control and/or delete cookies as explained in our Cookie Notice.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN REGION
In this privacy notice, where we refer to the "European Region", we mean the region comprising the European Union, the other member states of the European Economic Area, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and (after it has left the European Union) the United Kingdom.
If you are located in the European Region, you may be entitled under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation or an equivalent law to certain additional information about, and additional rights with respect to, our collection and disclosure of your personal information. These rights include a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected. You may also have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information, or to require it to be deleted, in some circumstances.
We rely on a variety of legal bases to process your personal information for the purposes set forth above, including as necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests in operating, promoting, and improving our website, products, and services, protecting against fraud and other illegal activity, ensuring our compliance with applicable laws, and protecting the security of our website and systems, and as necessary to perform or enter into a contract with you, such as when we collect your payment and shipping information to fulfill orders that you place with us. In exceptional circumstances, we may also be required by law to process your personal information. Finally, we may rely on your consent to process your personal information, for example, if we seek your consent to send you marketing communications. When we process your personal information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Any withdrawal of consent is only effective on a going-forward basis and will not impact processing we undertook before the withdrawal. Please Contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits California residents who have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosures of their personal information (as defined by that law) during the preceding year, if any, to third parties for those parties’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident who has an established business relationship with us and wishes to exercise your rights under that law, please send your written request by mail to Twelfth State Brands, LLC, Attn: Compliance, 9001 Aerial Center Parkway, Morrisville, NC 27560.
- CONTACT US
We welcome questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information. Please send them to:
Twelfth State Brands, LLC
9001 Aerial Center Parkway
Morrisville, NC 27560
United States of America
You may also email us at email@example.com
If you are located in the European Region, note that you may also be able to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection supervisory authority.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
If there are updates or changes to this privacy notice we will post those changes here and update the Last Revised Date below so that you will always know what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes to this privacy notice means you acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review those changes.
Issue Date: July 1, 2019
Last Revised Date: July 1, 2019